Can you afford to retire to an RV?
Is the RV lifestyle for you?
And what is the RV lifestyle?
Dear Future Retiree:
Retire to an RV-The Roadmap to Affordable RV Retirement, now in a print edition, provides you with the information to make that decision.
RV lifestyle experts, Jaimie Hall Bruzenak and Alice Zyetz, share their combined knowledge based on 17 years on the road and five previous books.
They are joined by 41 solo and couple RVers who have contributed their real-life experiences.
Buy book now!
Here is what you will learn to help you make your decision.
INTRODUCTION: 16 RVers describe how they save money living on the road. Pages 4-9
55 WAYS TO SAVE MONEY while living the RV Lifestyle. Pages 188-192
LINKS TO 200+ RESOURCES for additional information. Pages 178-187
|Says Mark Polk of RV Education 101, Retire to an RV-The Roadmap to Affordable RV Retirement
is by far the most comprehensive guide to full-time RVing I have ever
seen. It is easy to read. In addition to getting the authors'
knowledgeable information on all these topics, the opinions and comments
from numerous other full-time RVers covers all of the bases. For
anybody planning, or just considering full-time RVing this is a must,
must read. Great book!"
SECTION I: RV LIFESTYLE
1. Is the RV lifestyle for me? What does the lifestyle
entail? Do I have to sell my house? 11 RVers describe why they went on
the road?too much snow, it was time, a matter of life and death,
following the American Dream, and much more.
2. How do I make the decision? Learn about a tool to help you make the decision plus other methods to decide.
3. How do I get started? What do you do with your "stuff," your furniture? How to say good-bye to friends and family? What is the 1-3-5 technique? 6 RVers give their real-life examples.
4. How do I get my mail? Find the answer to the most-asked
question as well as availability of cell phones, email, Internet, other
devices. Plus 14 links to additional resources.
5. How will I find friends? How to build an on-the-road community while you?re traveling.
|Nick Russell, publisher of Gypsy Journal, says, "Presented in an easy to read and understand format, Retire To An RV-The Roadmap To Affordable Retirement Living, is an excellent introduction to the RV lifestyle that I wish had been available when we started our own full-timing RV adventure 11 years ago! Jaimie Hall Bruzenak and Alice Zyetz have put together a wealth of excellent information that will help you decide if making the transition to the RV lifestyle is right for you, and how to make it happen.|
6. What will I do all day? Besides visiting beautiful scenery, learn about the infinite variety of activities you can pursue on the road.
7. Where will I stay at night? Learn about all your options, including private campgrounds, public campgrounds, Elks and Moose campgrounds, membership parks, casinos, dry camping (no hookups). Can I really stay in a Walmart parking lot? 22 links for specific information.
8. How will I stay in touch with my family? Here are 25+ ways to stay in touch with your grandchildren as you travel. Find out how others have helped their elderly parents.
9. Where will I go? Anywhere throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. 13 links provide information to hundreds of national, state and local parks, monuments, and scenic byways, plus many additional travel ideas.
Buy book now!
SECTION II: SELECTING THE RIGHT RV
Chapters 10-13 provide all the information you need to decide what type of RV is right for your particular needs and how to make the best purchase you can. Advice from experienced RVers and multiple links will assist you with your decision.
SECTION III: THE BOTTOM LINE- MONEY
The authors, with input from dozens of other veteran full-time RVers, cover everthing a would-be full-timer needs to know about living year round in an RV. Reading this book is like sitting in a room full of full-timing experts as they share their advice and best kept secrets. Even RVers who only travel seasonally will learn a lot from reading this.
Chuck Woodbury, RVTravel.com
Chapters 14-18 offer the nitty gritty information to help you decide
how YOU can afford to retire to the RV lifestyle. Chapter 14 provides a
budget worksheet to help you organize your finances. Based on Jaimie's
popular book, Support Your RV Lifestyle, chapters 15 and 16 show how you
can work or volunteer on the road to add to your income and still enjoy
the traveling life. Finally, chapters 16 and 17 help you choose your
domicile and find the optimum insurance to make sure you are covered.
Once again, personal experiences of other RVers and links to
informational sites provide more information.
SECTION IV: SPECIAL SITUATIONS
Chapters 19-21 answer the questions of how can I travel with my children, how can I travel by myself, and how can I travel with my pets. Experienced RVers show how they have successfully done so.
SECTION V: LIFE HAPPENS
The last chapters 22-29 answer the remaining questions about life on the road. What if you are not handy, should you travel? What happens if you get sick? One more time, you will get honest, realistic answers to your questions. We have all been in many of these situations and continue to thrive on the road.
|For continual up-to-date information on the RV lifestyle, check out Jaimie's RV Lifestyle ezine, and blog, RV Home Yet? Follow Jaimie on Twitter and become a fan at Facebook.|
22. What if I'm disabled?
23. I'm not handy. Should I travel?
24. What do I need to know about RV systems?
25. Will I be safe?
26. Can my partner and I survive?
27. What happens if I get sick?
28. How do I handle an emergency?
29. Is the RV lifestyle for me?
The remaining pages are devoted to Resources, 55 Ways to Save Money on the Road, Index, and Authors' and Contributors' Bios.
|Says Marianne Edwards, of Frugal-RV-Travel.com has this to say about Retire to an RV: The Roadmap to Affordable Retirement:
"Absolutely chock-full of excellent information and advice provided,
with authority, by the authors and backed up with real-life experiences
and stories from 41 other full-timers. Whether you're trying to decide
if you can go full time or just looking for advice to save money in your
travels, you're sure to benefit from this ebook. I highly recommend
Can you afford to retire to an RV?
And all this for only $19.95!
Buy book now!